A large number of boards and governing councils of several agencies were dissolved by the Anambra State Executive Council.
This information was provided at a news conference given by the State Commissioner for Information, Sir Paul Nwosu, shortly after the weekly meeting of the State Executive Council, which took place on August 1, 2022, in the Exco Chamber of the State Government House in Awka.
The affected boards are as follows;
Dissolution of Boards and Governing Councils
For better clarification of the earlier statement released, the Boards and Governing Councils of the following specific Commissions, Councils and Boards have dissolved with immediate effect. New ones will be reconstituted in due course.
- Local Government Service Commission State Civil Service Commission
- Local Government Staff Pension Board
- Awka Capital Territory Development Authority (ACTDA)
- Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA)
- Anambra State Small Business Agency (ASSBA)
- Anambra State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ASPHCDA)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Teaching Hospital Governing Council
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Governing Council
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education Governing Council Anambra State Polytechnic Mgbakwu
- Anambra State College of Health Technology, Obosi
- Anambra State Emergency Management Agency, (ANSEMA)
- Anambra State Sports Development Commission (ANSSDC)
- The State Boundary Commission
- Anambra State Pilgrims Board
- Operation Clean and Healthy Anambra (OCHA)
- Anambra State Insurance Agency (ASHIA)
- Anambra State Clean Drainage and Forest Preservation Agency
- Leisure Parks and Street Beautification Agency
- Anambra Road Maintenance Agency Hydrafoam Concrete Block Agency
- Anambra State Road Traffic Management Agency (ARTMA)
- Anambra State Fisheries and Aquaculture Business Development Agency
- Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS)
- Anambra State Library Board
- Adult & Non-Formal Education Agency
- Anambra State Action Committee on AIDS (ANSACA)
- Anambra State Housing Development Corporation
- Anambra State Bureau of Public Procurement.
The Commissioner stated that The Boards will be reconstituted when the time is right, but only after following the proper procedures, with the goal of obtaining qualified individuals to staff the various government agencies in accordance with the Governor’s plan to make Anambra a livable and prosperous homeland.