Harvard University is offering a free online Python programming course. This course bridges the gap between Python beginning and advanced courses.
A Quick Overview of the Course
Duration: 4 weeks
effort: 4-8 hours per week
Subject: Computer Science is a subject taught at Harvard University and edX.
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Harvard University is committed to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, as well as to educating leaders in a variety of fields who make a difference in the world. Also Harvard faculty members teach and research to further human understanding. And in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, the University offers twelve degree-granting Schools.
About this Course
This course bridges the gap between Python beginning and advanced courses. While there are many good basic Python classes available, however, most do not go far enough to allow you to apply your Python knowledge to research projects. After covering the fundamentals of Python 3, we will learn about tools typically used in research contexts in this course.
You will get to exercise your new Python abilities with numerous case studies chosen for their scientific breadth and coverage of different Python features, using a combination of a guided introduction and more autonomous in-depth research.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
- Python 3 programming basics (a review)
- Python tools such as NumPy and SciPy modules for research applications
- How to apply Python research tools in practical settings
Week 1: Python Basics
Week 2: Python Research Tools
Weeks 3 & 4: Case Studies
Jukka-Pekka “JP” Onnela
JP is an Assistant Professor of Biostatistics in the Department of Biostatistics at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Some previous Python programming experience (in any version of Python)
How to join
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honour code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicants sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the login button on the org home page and type your email address and edX password. This will take you to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. And Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.