Garlic is a traditional herb that is frequently used in kitchens to improve the flavor of a meal and is also said to be important for enhancing general health.
However, Garlic was recommended as a treatment for many illnesses by the father of modern western medicine, Hippocrates, an ancient Greek. These illnesses included colds, coughs, inflammation, fatigue, and digestive problems.
Garlic has been used since ancient times for many reasons, it has anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatoid, and anti-cancer properties which heal many diseases.
Garlic belongs to the onion family called “ALLIUM”.
Health Benefits of Garlic
- It is incredibly nutritious and is made up of fiber, manganese, selenium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and vitamin C, has fewer calories and 0.1% carbohydrates.
- Garlic fights against viruses and bacteria and increases immunity in humans. It also fights colds and flu, if included in the daily diet.
- Garlic lowers low-density lipoprotein. (Bad cholesterol)
- Garlic exhibits antioxidant properties that reduce oxidative stress in humans and also induce potential in the body and reduce aging and increase brain efficiency.
- Garlic also maintains the physiological mechanisms of the body and keep hypertension and heart disease at bay.
- Selenium is the agent in garlic that activates the liver and eliminates toxic material from the body and also has antimicrobial properties that will purify the blood and cleanse the intestines, making it free from viruses and bacteria and also stops producing stress hormones that they can produce acid in the body and cause acidity.
- Estrogen is the hormone that maintains bone health in women. Menopausal women tend to produce low levels of estrogen, which stimulates the weakening of the bones. Garlic is known to strengthen bones when consumed daily.
- It has anticancer properties and exhibits carcinogenic effects on cancer cells, tearing up cancer cells and helping to stop producing cells. Eliminates toxins through the colon and adds strength to overall health.
- Garlic is said to have many skin and health benefits. Induces hair growth and strengthens hair and prevents premature graying. Adding a clove of garlic to our daily oil has shown many benefits for the hair. Pimples can eliminate by applying garlic paste.
- Garlic also increases the sexual drive-in men and helps in perform better. Chewing two to three garlic can show desired results for men.
The right way to include garlic in your diet
Did you know that the greatest solution for all of your seasonal health difficulties is to incorporate garlic into your regular diet? There is no doubting that garlic is an amazing ingredient in many traditional and ancient treatments.
However, Raw garlic is not very pleasant due to its strong aroma and strong flavor.
So, here are a few simple methods that will help you maximize the health advantages of garlic and take it properly.
Eat Raw garlic on an empty stomach
Cholesterol levels can also reduce by consuming raw garlic on an empty stomach. Aged garlic supplements help prevent artery blockages and enhance heart health. Allicin, a substance found in raw garlic, aids in blood thinning and lowers cholesterol levels.
Due to the fact that raw garlic contains allicin, which reduce when cooked, the ideal method to ingest garlic is to eat it raw and on an empty stomach. Therefore, eating raw garlic with a glass of water is the best way to maintain maximal nutrients and promote heart health and diabetes management.
Make Garlic Tea
To make this tea, you can mash 1 garlic pod and add 1 cup of water to the pan and boil the tea for some time. Once the tea is hot enough, add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Let the mixture ferment for 2 minutes and turn off the heat. Pour it into a cup and add 1 teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice.
You can also modify this tea to your taste, However, you can keep it simple by simply boiling a garlic pod and drinking it with a pinch of cinnamon.
Cook Garlic Stew
To make a healthy garlic stew, wash 1 chicken breast and cut it into cubes. Then take a pressure cooker, add 1 teaspoon of butter, add 4 cloves of garlic, minced garlic, mix well and add 1 chopped onion, then add 4 peppercorns, 1 teaspoon of parsley, and mix well for a minute.
Then add the chicken cubes and 4 whole garlic cloves, 1 inch of chopped ginger, and 3 cups of water. Simmer the stew and pressure cook the stew and cook for 3-4 whistles and serve hot with coriander leaves.