Want to pursue higher education in Canada, in courses like Islamic Studies and more? Then, apply now for the Intissar Mourad Memorial Scholarship in Islamic Studies at the University of Alberta and grab a life-changing opportunity. The scholarship is accepting applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
Provided towards the graduate study programme in the field of Islamic Studies at the Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research at the University of Alberta, this scholarship is offered to both, domestic and international students. The scholarship is $2,000 and will be awarded to students that demonstrate academic excellence and hold Canadian study permits.
The scholarship application is ongoing. However, departments may have their own internal deadlines for adjudicating awards before submitting them to FGSR. Please contact your department directly about deadlines.
- University or Organization: University of Alberta
- Department: Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
- Course Level: Master or Doctoral
- Award: $2,000
- Number of Awards: 1
- Application Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award is in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: All Canadian permanent residents and foreign national applicants are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for any doctoral or master’s program in the field of Islamic Studies offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research at the University of Alberta.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must demonstrate community involvement.
- Foreign national applicants must hold Canadian study permits.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can make their admission applications online via the university portal. Students that meet the eligibility criteria will automatically be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of Intent
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to meet and provide all academic requirements and documents.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of one of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS Academic – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- Duolingo English Test – 115
- CAEL – 70
- CAE – 180
- CPE – 180
- PTE Academic – 61
The selected students receive this scholarship in the form of a sum of $2,000 for their graduate studies at the University of Alberta.