Applications are invited to apply for the University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023 in Canada. All Domestic and International Students are eligible for Schmidt Science Fellowships.
The University of British Columbia is one of the best 100 universities in the entire world to nominate international candidates. UBC Fellowships are also looking for glowing minds in the field of computer, natural sciences, engineering, and mathematics who are interested in expanding their knowledge.
University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023 Details:
University: University of British Columbia
Duration: 1 Year
Fellowship coverage: $100,000
Eligible nationality: Domestic & International
Award country: Canada
Last Date: April 2023.
Schmidt Science Fellows program will receive a stipend of $100,000 and are supported by the program to undertake a full-time, postdoctoral study for at least one year in a world-leading laboratory in a field different from their existing area of expertise.
Fellows also spend five weeks during their Fellowship year at four residential meetings around the globe where they receive bespoke training to help them become the next generation of science leaders.
- Natural Sciences
The eligibility criteria of the University of British Columbia Fellowships 2020 in Canada is given below:
- Canadian, Permanent Resident, and international candidate.
- Candidate must hold a graduate degree in Computing, Engineering, Natural Sciences (Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Biology including Neurobiology).
- Must complete a Ph.D. or expected to be completed between 1st June 2022 to 30 July 2023. ( Ph.D. has to be done from UBC).
- Must be available for the entire period from July 2023- July 2024, including Global Meeting.
- Extraordinary achievement – Clear record of academic achievement during their PhD at leading institutions of higher learning.
- Alignment with the Program – Commitment to pursuing a year or more of postdoctoral study in a field different from the topic of study for which the applicant received their PhD.
- Scientific curiosity – Desire to achieve a broad level of exposure to and knowledge in cutting-edge innovations and research across the sciences.
- Intellectual spark – High degree of intelligence, energy, and intellectual curiosity that will drive future scientific discoveries.
- Global ambitions – The will to make a lasting impact in the sciences and society, pursuing knowledge that will benefit the world by engaging in ambitious research and displaying great perseverance and appetite for risk throughout the scientific process.
- Character – A genuine and demonstrable interest in society and global challenges combined with a desire to use personal talents and expertise to make a positive difference in the world.
- Collaborative spirit – Demonstrated history of effective collaboration with diverse team members.
- Use of innovative tools – General interest and comfort in the use and potential of new ways of doing science, such as modern computing and data science techniques.
The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will convene a committee to review the nominations submitted by departments and will nominate up to nine students to the international competition.
Applications for University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023 in Canada are also likely to close in April 2023.
How to apply for University of British Columbia Fellowships?
University of British Columbia Fellowships applicants must submit their application materials to their graduate program. A complete application will consist of the following:
- CV of the nominee, including publications (maximum three pages)
- Statement from the nominee (maximum one page), addressing the following two points:
- Alignment with the Schmidt Fellows program – interest in pursuing a year or more of postdoctoral study in a field different from the topic of study for which the nominee received his/her doctorate.
- Collaborative spirit – demonstrated history of effective collaboration with diverse team members.
- Proposal from the nominee (maximum two pages), addressing the following two points:
- Potential postdoctoral research direction.
- Brief rationale for up to three potential postdoctoral Fellowship labs.
Note: Successful UBC nominees will also be invited directly by the Schmidt Science Fellows program to submit a full application at a later date.
Official Link HERE