To attract and retain outstanding doctoral students, the Graduate School of the University of British Columbia awards the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship.
The scholarship is open to outstanding Canadian and international students to study doctoral degree coursework for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Why study at the University of British Columbia? As one of the top 25 public universities in the world, UBC combines award-winning faculty and cutting-edge research with a flexible, student-centered learning environment that includes innovative and interdisciplinary program options.
Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting entries to participate in the following Scholarship is September 1, 2022.
University or Organization: University of British Columbia.
Course Level: Doctoral Degree.
Mode of Access: Online
Number of Awards: Not known
Nationality: Canadian and international students.
The award – Canada.
Eligibility For UBC Vanier Scholarship.
Eligible Countries: Applicants from Canada and around the world.
Course or subjects acceptable: Doctorate in Social and Humanities, Natural Sciences and Engineering, and in the health sector.
To be eligible for this fund, the applicant must have been considered for a Vanier CGS and a student must be nominated by only one Canadian university.
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average in each of the last two years of full-time or equivalent study.
- You are pursuing your first doctorate (including joint program such as MD / PhD, DVM / PhD or JD / PhD – if it has a proven and significant research component).
- Intend to continue, in the summer semester or in the academic year following the announcement of the results, full-time doctoral studies and research (or a joint research program such as MD / PhD, DVM / PhD, JD / PhD) to the candidate institution.
- Have completed no more than 20 months of full-time study in your doctoral program as of May 1, 2023.
- The doctoral program will begin after the completion of a Master’s degree. The months of study completes from the day you enroll for the doctorate.
- Enroll in a joint graduate research program, eg, MD / PhD, MA / PhD, DVM / PhD. Candidates in this category have access to the 32-month window with or without previous masters study.
- The months of study are calculated from the date a candidate is officially enrolled in the joint program (including the part of the Master’s course).
- Directly enrolled from a bachelor’s degree to a research doctorate (not previously enrolled in a master’s degree).
- Previously enrolled in a Master’s Degree course without having obtained the qualification.
- Completed months of study are calculated from the date of enrollment of the original Masters.
- Have achieved a top-notch average, as determined by your institution, in the past two years of full-time or equivalent study. Candidates should contact the institution for a first-rate average evaluation.
See University of British Columbia university fully funded fellowships
How to Apply
How to Apply: To be part of this program, applicants are prerequisites to be enrolled in the PhD program at the nominating Canadian university. Upon receiving confirmation, applicants can Apply for this education award.
Supporting documents: Must attach transcripts of all post-secondary studies, certified copies of official transcripts, two letters from the referees and all required supporting documents.
Admission Requirements: Applicants must possess bachelor’s and master’s certificates with good academic grades.
Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the English language requirements for university enrollment.
The scholarship is worth up to $ 50,000 annually for up to three years for successful applicants in Canada.