Prof. Charles Soludo, former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and All Progressive Grand Alliance Party (APGA) has sought the advice of his kinsmen concerning the Anambra gubernatorial elections on November 6.
Soludo, who visited his people at Obi Isuofia Community on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, asked for their permission to contest for the 2021 Anambra State Governorship Election.
He stated that he can’t do anything without his kinsmen consent, saying charity begins at home. Soludo also pleaded with his people to come out so that they can start consultation formally.
Also Read: Onitsha Commercial Drivers Protest Soludo’s New N25,000 Tax Rate
Recall that for the past two years, the people of Anambra which consists of 21 local Governments, 326 wards have been calling on the former CBN governor to be the next governor of the state.
He further hailed the United Anambra Youths, United Anambra Women Assembly and Dora Akunyili Women Development Centers which he referred to as “Support groups” who have been supportive to him to achieve this course.
Amazing Things About Soludo
- Charles Chukwuma Soludo, CFR is a Nigerian politician and economics professor who serves as the fifth democratic Governor of Anambra State since 17 March 2022.
- He was Born: 28 July 1960 (age 61 years), Aguata
- Spouse: Nonye Chukwuma
- Party: All Progressives Grand Alliance
- Office: Governor of Anambra State since 2022
- Books: African Voices on Structural Adjustment: A Companion to Our Continent, Our Future, MORE