The governor of Anambra State, Prof. Charles Soludo Ordered the arrest Of two Anambra billionaires For Mismanaging State Revenues.
The State government informed of a news story with the aforementioned heading that is going around.
Also Read: Soludo Flags Off 16.4KM Ajali – Akpu – Nawfija – Ufuma – Ogbunka Road
Part of the statement reads as follows:
“Barring any change of orders, Governor Chukwuma Charles Soludo of Anambra state has ordered the immediate arrest of some prominent citizens of Anambra state over flying revenues windows in their control if they refuse to appear before the Chairman, flying revenue committee, Anambra State and Deputy Governor of Anambra state by Wednesday this week, Anambra Current News reports.”
Also Read: 2023 Census: Soludo Tasks NPC on Reliable, Acceptable, and Credible Data
Within the news story, names were also mentioned.
The government, therefore, wishes to state as follows:
1. The report is fake news, fabricated by the person(s) whose objective is unknown.
2. It is baseless and unfounded.
3. Ndi Anambra are therefore advised to totally disregard the report as fictious, malicious and a figment of the imagination of the writer.
4. Governor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, is committed to the enthronement of transparency and promotion of law and order, being one of the five pillars of his administration.
5. Ndi Anambra are urged to continue to support the state government’s vision of building a liveable and prosperous smart mega-city.