Prof. Charles Soludo, Governor of Anambra State, has presented a list of executive council members who are commissioner nominations.
He has pledged to reveal the list of his commissioners in 5 days, which is five days longer than the number of days he has promised.
The Nominees are as follows
- Mr Ifeatu Onejeme, Ministry of Finance
- Prof. Offornze Amucheazi, Ministry of Lands
- Engr. Ifeanyi Okoma, Ministry of Works and Infrastructure
- Ms Chiamaka Helen Nnake, Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning.
- Dr Afam Ben Obidike, Ministry of Health
- Mr Patrick Agha Mba, Ministry of Youth Development.
- Mrs Ifeyinwa Obinabo, Ministry of Women and Social Welfare.
- Dr Obinna Ngonadi, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Engr Julius Chukwuemeka, Ministry of Power and Water Resources.
- Prof. Ngozi Theresa Chuma- Udeh, Ministry of Education.
- Mr Paul Nwosu, Ministry of Information
- Dr Foster Ihejiofor, Ministry of Agriculture
- Bar. (Mrs) Patricia Ifeoma Igwebuike, Ministry of Transport
- Engr. Felix Chinedu Odumegwu, Ministry of Environment.
- Mr Chikodi Anara, Ministry of Homeland Affairs
- Prof. (Mrs) Sylvia Chika Ifemeje, Ministry of Justice/ Attorney General
- Mr Collins Anthony Nwabunwanne, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy and Community Affairs
- Mr Donatus Nduka Onyenji, Ministry of Culture, Entertainment and Tourism.
- Bar. Anthony Ikechukwu Ifeanya, Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources.
- Bar. Paulinus Ifechukwu Onyeka, Ministry of Housing.
This list is subject to approval by the House of Assembly, after which the oath will be administered.
Soludo promises on bringing out Anambra Commissioner
On his first day, Governor Soludo vowed to release his list of commissioners within a week.
The former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, in his inaugural address at the Government House, Agu-Awka, Awka, the state capital, said he has no time to waste but would start work immediately.
According to the Governor, “Today is my first day at work. I just reported for duty and will work for at least eight hours. We had more than a month since the election to celebrate our historic victory.”
He continued, “Now is the time to work, and there is no minute or kobo to waste in fanfare”.
“In a few minutes, I will announce some of the principal officers of the administration and commence with serious meetings of the Anambra State Security Council, followed by a meeting with the permanent secretaries, a meeting on Okpoko, and with my Strategy, Execution and Evaluation team.”
He added, “Within the next one week, the list of commissioners will be laid before the House of Assembly.”