32.2 C
Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Gov. Soludo pays visit to burned-out Aguata LGA

The Governor of Anambra State, Prof Charles C. Soludo CFR announced that armed criminals had been operating as kidnappers and rapists for about two years from camps set up in Aguluezechukwu and Oboji in Aguata LGA.

He said this while addressing members of the press at the Aguata LGA Secretariat.

As the state’s security forces pounced on them, they decided to set fire to the Aguata LGA headquarters.

He repeats his position on providing amnesty to individuals in the bush for them to be beneficial to society.

He further emphasized that anybody who reject the offer will face the full wrath of the law.

The Governor further revealed that 85% of these criminals are from a particular state in the South-East while the remaining 15% come from other states.

Also read How Okpoko slums will test Soludo’s ability to make Anambra a liveable
Items recovered in their camps are registers of kidnapped victims, weapons, charms, etc.

Prof Soludo assured the people that peace and stability must return in Anambra and the SouthEast.

“Anybody in the bush is a criminal and will be treated as such. We will come after criminals because the people’s power must triumph”.

Soludo continued “We must create a liveable and prosperous homeland where peace, security and progress must thrive”.

The Local Government Headquarters of Aguata, Governor Soludo’s hometown burnt down by gunmen on 7th April 2022.

As of the time of writing, details of the event were sketchy, but the gunmen who arrived on motorcycles seized a truck to block off the road as they entered Aguata secretariat, burning structures, stores, and cars fire.

Aguata is Prof. Soludo’s Local Government

Gunmen burn Anambra council secretariat

Aguata Local Government Area is the home local government of the governor of Anambra State, Prof Chukwuma Soludo.

He had previously called for dialogue with all armed groups, and on Wednesday, he released 15 names of committee members who will spearhead peace, both in Anambra and the south east.

Chinaza Ogbachalu
Chinaza Ogbachaluhttps://www.chinazaogbachalu.com/
My name is Chinaza Ogbachalu, and I am a writer. I have been writing news and opinion articles for five years plus and have always had a passion for storytelling. I grew up in Nigeria and graduated from the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, with a degree in linguistics and communication studies. I have written books that have been well-received by critics and readers alike. My work often focuses on culture and lifestyle, and I draw inspiration from my own experiences and observations of the world around me. As a news writer, I am responsible for researching and writing engaging and accurate news stories for our online audience. I have a strong passion for current events and am skilled at conducting interviews and gathering information from sources. I am grateful for the support of my readers and am constantly humbled by their enthusiasm for my work. Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me and my writing.


I’ll Support Tinubu on Nigeria’s Economic Growth, Security – Biden

President Joe Biden of the United States has vowed...

Igbo Should Stop Playing Bad Politics – Ngige

Minister for Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, Tuesday...

Anambra State Government Takes Initiatives to Digitalize Its Services

To better serve its citizens, the Anambra State government...

Nigeria Records 55 Million Malaria Cases Annually – FG

The Federal Government said an estimated 55 million cases...

FG Grants Nigerian Citizenship to 385 Foreigners

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved the granting of...