Outsource Africa is a Nigerian employment company situated in Lagos. We are experts in the field of talent development and are well aware of the time and effort required to identify the appropriate candidate.
We are with you at every step of the process, from applicant screening and profiling through final selection.
Job Title: Retail Store Manager
Location: Oyo Town – Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Position Summary / Objectives
The Store Manager (SM) is in charge of the store’s daily operations and ensures high retail store performance by paying close attention to cash management, stock management (incoming and outgoing), clean and hygienic space, clean racks and equipment, HACCP rules and Food Safety Plan, proper execution of planograms and article presentations, pricing and other indoor communications, customer service, friendliness, and store administration.
The SM collaborates extensively with her or his immediate subordinates as well as her or his Regional Sales and Operations Manager (S&O).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain proper inventory levels, ensure stocking, implement purchasing plans and maintain contact with suppliers to ensure maximum efficiency in meeting sales goals.
- Seek ways to better promote the store, the product line and service within the store.
- Manage all controllable costs with a view to maintaining profitability.
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Develop and arrange promotional material and in-store displays.
- Prepare detailed reports on buying trends, customer requirements, and profits.
- Manage store budget and update financial records.
- Handles key and alarm code for opening and closing the store.
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share.
- Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths.
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc).
- Creates awareness and ensures the goods receiving operations are executed excellently according to the BP for Receiving Goods.
- Checks the SKU data parameters and its actuality frequently.
- Ensures all spaces (front and back office) and equipment are clean and hygienic in accordance with
- Food Safety Plan / HACCP.
- Receives inspectors or representatives from the authorities in a professional, cooperative way.
- Creates awareness and ensures a safe and secure environment in and around the store without compromising on customer service.
- Processes and provides all necessary documents and forms to the Regional Operations Supervisor timely and accurately.
- Understands the local market conditions through competitor visits, with the purpose of making recommendations.
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store staff.
- Sets up the annual leave plan according to the Leave regulation.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for employees (2 weeks upfront) and promotions centered on holiday sales and other cycles.
- Engage the team to deliver great customer service consistently, excellent operational processes and strong teamwork through inspirational leadership.
- Encourage and inspire the team to maximize sales, achieve other goals and constantly look for ways to enhance performance and result.
- Communicate the business and store objectives clearly to the team to ensure the team remains well informed about the store activities.
- B.Sc. in Business Administration, Sales or another relevant field
- At least 3 years’ experience in retail store operations
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong leadership and customer management abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and staff planning skills
- Operational-logistic skills for the daily ordering and processing of assortment
- Operational-financial skills to manage costs and budgets
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Energy, drive and a strong can-do attitude
- A desire for continuous business improvement and professional development
- Ability to multitask and oversee the whole store operation
N150,000 – N200,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position as the subject of the email.