Dr. Belgacem Haba was born in 1957 in El-Meghaier, wilaya d’El-Oued, Algeria.
Dr. Haba joined Xperi (previously Tessera) in 1996 and is now its Senior Technical Fellow and vice president.
Dr. Belgacem Hab: 10 Things To Know About Him
- He is heading the pathfinding team in the electronic R&D division.
- His latest activities include the development of 3D technologies for mobiles and servers alike.
- Dr. Haba was with the the Google data center platform division as senior staff and before that he co-founded SiliconPipe Inc. in 2002, a high-speed interconnects Start-up Company based in Silicon Valley that got acquired by Samsung.
- He also managed the advanced packaging R&D division at Rambus. From 1988 to 1996, he worked for the NEC Central Research Laboratories in Tokyo Japan and for IBM Watson Research Center in New York on the applications of lasers in microelectronics.
- Dr. Haba Holds a Ph.D. in materials science and engineering in 1988 from Stanford University, California in the field of solar energy. He also obtained from the same university two master’s degrees in applied physics and materials science.
- He received his Bachelor’s degree in physics from the University of Bab-Ezzouar, Algeria in 1980.
- Dr. Haba holds over 500 U.S. patents, and over 1400 patents and patent applications worldwide.
- He is listed among the top 100 most prolific inventors worldwide.
- In 2017 he opened the Haba Institute in Algeria to help young entrepreneurs.
- Dr. Haba has authored numerous technical publications, has also participated in many conferences worldwide and was recognized in many occasions. To name a few; Wissam-el-3alam aljazairi in 2015, R&D 100 for most prestigious innovation in 2003, Frost Sullivan Award in 2013 and the opening the Nasdaq in 2007.